CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — On Tuesday afternoon, Dr. Noelle Bissell, director of the New River Health District, will hold a Q&A session about the latest coronavirus data, as well as testing and vaccination efforts in the region.
This webinar comes after Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 10,248 new COVID-19 cases, 127 new virus-related hospitalizations, and eight new virus-related deaths around the Commonwealth as of Tuesday, Jan. 18.
Of those numbers, the VDH says 68 new COVID-19 cases and eight new hospitalizations are from the following localities within the New River Health District:
- Floyd County: Three new cases and one new hospitalization
- Giles County: 11 new cases and two new hospitalizations
- Montgomery County: 32 new cases
- Pulaski County: 19 new cases and four new hospitalizations
- Radford: Five new cases and one new hospitalization
If you want to sign up to get a coronavirus or flu vaccine, or learn more about vaccinations in the New River Health District, click here. The health district also offers free COVID-19 testing throughout the region, so follow this link to learn more about testing sites near you.