ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Dr. Cynthia Morrow with the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts is set to provide updates Tuesday morning on the coronavirus pandemic and the current response to the virus around the Roanoke Valley area.
As of Tuesday, Nov. 17, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 204 new COVID-19 cases and seven new virus-related deaths from the localities within the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts, which are listed below:
- Alleghany County: Eight new cases
- Botetourt County: 20 new cases
- Covington: Nine new cases
- Craig County: One new case
- Roanoke City: 82 new cases and five new deaths
- Roanoke County: 64 new cases and one new death
- Salem: 20 new cases and one new death
You can watch the virtual briefing live at 11 a.m. on Tuesday here on WFXRtv.com or on the WFXR News app.
- Bedford firefighters respond to Monday afternoon fires at Moneta house, Tootsie’s diner
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- Centra Executive Chef Timothy Schoonmaker joins WFXR News to cook up heart-healthy quinoa pancakes