ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — During Tuesday morning’s virtual briefing, Dr. Cynthia Morrow with the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts is set to discuss the current local response to the coronavirus pandemic.
As of Tuesday, Dec. 1, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 89 new COVID-19 cases, one new hospitalization, and three new virus-related deaths from the localities within the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts, which are listed below:
- Alleghany County: 20 new cases
- Botetourt County: Six new cases
- Covington: Seven new cases and one new death
- Craig County: Zero new cases
- Roanoke City: 22 new cases, one new hospitalization, and one new death
- Roanoke County: 27 new cases and one new death
- Salem: Seven new cases
The Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts are also set to hold three drive-thru COVID-19 testing events in the upcoming week:
- Tuesday, Dec. 1: Salem Civic Center from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 2: Eagle Rock Library in Botetourt County from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 3: Green Hill Park in Roanoke County from 3 to 5 p.m.
These events are open to the public, but pre-registration is recommended. For questions about COVID-19 or to register for testing, call (540) 769-2052.
Watch the virtual news conference below.
- UPDATE: Man dies after Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- 11-year-old remembers his mother, Samantha Robinson, who was fatally shot in Lynchburg
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Radford residents react to Sunday morning shootings