ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts’ health director, Dr. Cynthia Morrow, provided an update for community members on the local pandemic response during an online briefing Tuesday morning.
This briefing came after the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 1,434 new COVID-19 cases, 90 new virus-related hospitalizations, and 41 new virus-related deaths around the Commonwealth as of Tuesday, April 6.
The VDH says more than three dozen of those new cases are from the following localities in Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts, as well as four new hospitalizations and six new deaths:
- Alleghany County: One new case
- Botetourt County: Three new cases
- Covington: One new case and one new hospitalization
- Craig County: One new case
- Roanoke City: 10 new cases, one new hospitalization, and two new deaths
- Roanoke County: 28 new cases, two new hospitalizations, and four new deaths
However, since Monday, April 5, the VDH reported six less COVID-19 cases in Salem.