ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — On Tuesday morning, Dr. Cynthia Morrow with the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts discussed the latest details about the local response to the COVID-19 pandemic during a virtual briefing.
This online news conference comes after the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 600 new COVID-19 cases, 60 new virus-related hospitalizations, and 17 new virus-related deaths around the Commonwealth as of Tuesday, May 11.
The VDH says a number of those new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are from the following localities in the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts:
- Alleghany County: Six new cases
- Botetourt County: Three new cases
- Craig County: Zero new cases
- Roanoke City: Seven new cases and one new hospitalization
- Roanoke County: Five new cases, one new hospitalization, and one new death
- Salem: Two new cases and two new hospitalizations
However, since Monday, May 10, the VDH reported three less coronavirus cases in Covington.
Watch the full briefing below.