ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The director of the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts, Dr. Cynthia Morrow, shared the latest COVID-19 information during a virtual briefing about the local pandemic response and vaccination efforts Tuesday morning.
This online briefing comes after the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 144 new COVID-19 cases, 30 new virus-related hospitalizations, and seven new virus-related deaths around the Commonwealth as of Tuesday, June 22.
The VDH says more than 20 of those new cases are from the following localities in the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts:
- Alleghany County: Zero new cases
- Botetourt County: One new case
- Covington: Zero new cases
- Craig County: Zero new cases
- Roanoke City: Five new cases
- Roanoke County: 18 new cases
However, since Monday, June 21, the VDH reported one less coronavirus case in Salem.
Meanwhile, the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts are offering first-dose COVID-19 vaccine opportunities in the coming weeks at mobile clinics, which are listed below:
- Tuesday, June 22 at Ridgeview Apartments at 5300 Hawthorne Road NW in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Wednesday, June 23 at Pilgrim Baptist Church at 1415 8th Street NW in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Wednesday, June 23 at Virginia Western Community College Fralin building HP 208/210 at 3090 Colonial Avenue SW in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Thursday, June 24 at Virginia Career Works at 3601 Thirlane Road NW in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Friday, June 25 at Mount Zion AME at 2128 Melrose Avenue NW in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Monday, June 28 at Villa Heights Community Center at 2750 Hoover Street NW in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Tuesday, June 29 at Hill Street Baptist Church at 111 Madison Avenue NW in Roanoke (Pfizer and J&J)
- Wednesday, June 30 at the Vinton Community Center at 820 East Washington Avenue in Vinton (Moderna)
- Thursday, July 1 at Bonsack Baptist Church at 4845 Cloverdale Road in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Friday, July 2 at the Salvation Army at 724 Dale Avenue SE in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Tuesday, July 6 at Fallon Park at 502 19th Street SE in Roanoke (Pfizer)
- Thursday, July 8 at the Vinton War Memorial at 814 East Washington Avenue in Vinton (Pfizer)
- Vaccine clinics in Alleghany County/Covington
- Vaccine clinics in Craig County
To set up a second-dose appointment or to learn more about vaccination efforts within the health districts, click here.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list