ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Dr. Cynthia Morrow with the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts provided an update Tuesday morning on the status of the coronavirus pandemic in the Roanoke Valley and the Alleghany Highlands.
As of Tuesday, Jan. 19, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 113 new COVID-19 cases and six new hospitalizations related to the virus from the following localities within the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts:
- Alleghany County: Five new cases
- Botetourt County: 14 new cases
- Craig County: One new case
- Roanoke City: 16 new cases and four new hospitalizations
- Roanoke County: 58 new cases and one new hospitalization
- Salem: 19 new cases and one new hospitalization
However, since Monday, Jan. 18, VDH reported three less coronavirus cases in Covington.
In addition, the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts are set to host several drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites over the course of January, which are listed below:
- Tuesday, Jan. 19, from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Fincastle Baptist Church in Botetourt County
- Tuesday, Jan. 26, from 2 to 5 p.m. at Green Hill Park in Roanoke County
Health officials say pre-registration is not required to be tested at these free events.