(WFXR) — Both Virginia Military Institute (VMI) and Washington & Lee University are reporting an increase in positive coronavirus cases.
According to VMI’s coronavirus dashboard — which was last updated on Thursday, Oct. 1 — there was a spike cases between Friday, Sept. 25, and Sunday, Sept. 27.
As of Thursday afternoon, VMI is reporting a total of 27 active cases — 23 among cadets and four among faculty and staff — as well as 29 pending cadet tests and 145 cadets in quarantine.
Meanwhile, Washington & Lee’s COVID-19 testing dashboard is also reporting a virus uptick, with 25 new positive test results reported among students and employees between Tuesday, Sept. 22, and Wednesday, Sept. 30.
While the Washington & Lee dashboard does not indicate the number of current active cases, officials say 17 of those 25 positive tests involved students who were previously identified as contacts of known cases and were already quarantined by the time they were tested.
- Pinpoint Weather: Milder and somewhat breezy, mountain snow for some
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?