SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — A new Roanoke College Poll shows Virginians are worried about contracting the coronavirus or someone they love contracting COVID-19.
Four-in-10 Virginians say they know someone who has had the virus and 71% say they are concerned about coming down with coronavirus.
As for government response, 58% of respondents say the federal government’s response did not go far enough. Forty-nine percent say the federal government will spend too little to boost the economy while 38% say the government will spend too much.
The same poll asked people if they always wear a mask and their political affiliation. Of Democrats, 94% said they are more likely to wear a mask indoors while only 69% of Republicans said the same.
A total of 659 Virginia residents participated in the telephone interviews, which were conducted in English and Spanish. You can view all questions below or at this link.
- Woman reported missing from Henry County since July
- Man dies after Monday shooting in Roanoke County
- Pinpoint Weather: Zeta arrives in Virginia, heavy rain and localized flooding possible Thursday
- WFXR News is the official media sponsor of Drumstick Dash 2020 supporting the Roanoke Rescue Mission
- Amherst County Schools confirm COVID-19 case at Amherst Elementary