BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia Tech has provided an update regarding COVID-19 numbers on campus.
As of Monday, Sept. 21, a total of 14,201 tests have been administered since Aug. 3.
In the last seven days, a total of 1,109 COVID-19 tests have been given.
Since Aug. 3, a total of 833 students and eight employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
In the last week, 130 new cases of the virus were confirmed on Virginia Tech’s campus and a total of 118 students are currently in quarantine.
Monday’s COVID-19 Dashboard, issued by Virginia Tech, does indicate a general decline in positive cases over the last seven days, though a slight increase was noted during this past weekend.
A reminder, Virginia Tech has a COVID-19 Helpline available to anyone who needs it. That number is (540) 231-7600.
- Hokies All Access : Pittsburgh recap, football bye week, turkey pardon, tailgating, Kenny Brooks profile, men’s basketball preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball head coach Kenny Brooks rewarded with contract extension
- 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament Moved to Greensboro
- Northside’s Mackenzie Walker signs with Radford
- North Cross School’s Asia Minnes Signs with University of Tennessee for Swimming