BUCKINGHAM COUNTY, Va. (WRIC/WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Corrections (VADOC) announced a sixth inmate has died of COVID-19 in state correctional facilities.
According to the VADOC’s announcement, the death was at Buckingham Correctional Center, which is now reporting two offender deaths as a result of the virus. This center also had the fourth inmate death from COVID-19 in the Commonwealth.
In total, 955 inmates and 85 staff members at state facilities have caught the coronavirus as of Friday, May 22.
- Workers strike at Volvo’s Pulaski County plant
- VDH: 1,608 new COVID-19 cases; 15 new hospitalizations in Virginia as of Saturday
- Va. reports 1,063 adverse reactions with over 5 million COVID vaccines administered
- Prince Philip’s funeral live updates: Queen sits alone in chapel
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend