RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY/WFXR) — Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) announced a readjustment for store hours throughout the state after hours were modified due to the coronavirus pandemic.
On Wednesday, June 24, Virginia ABC shared that the across-the-board opening time of noon will remain the same for all stores. The new announcement came into play when they said individual store closing times will return to pre-pandemic closing times.
Community member can expect to see hours return to normal starting Friday, June 26.
However, the stores will continue to implement the precautions taken to keep employees and customers safe. Those steps include:
- Mandatory use of face masks or coverings inside stores
- Plastic shields installed at registers ABC stores
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing with particular attention to checkout counters and high-touch surfaces such as door handles and knobs
- Hand sanitizer available at registers for customer and employee use.
Store officials also ask customers to keep a distance between themselves and others in the establishment.
Customers can check their local store’s adjusted hours by visiting ABC’s store finder page here.
- Food City to open in Wytheville
- Two Roanoke City schools to close for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Pittsylvania County to accept trash from Martinsville, Henry County to generate added revenue
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue