LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A local college sports team is lending a helping hand during the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the city of Lynchburg, the University of Lynchburg lacrosse team’s players and coaches will join the Lynchburg Cares COVID Relief Group and other city officials at Bank of the James Stadium to fill 5,000 bags with hand sanitizer, masks, and information flyers. The bags will be distributed at several community events next month.
The bag stuffing event takes place Tuesday, September 29, from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Danville Fire Department battle Friday night fire on Main Street
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Navy vet’s ‘sense of activism changed’ since beating by feds