DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – On Wednesday, Danville Public Schools confirmed two new cases of COVID-19 at two elementary schools.
A staff member at Johnson Elementary School tested positive for COVID-19 on Dec. 8. The staff member is said to have last been in the building on Dec. 4.
A staff member at Gibson Elementary School has tested positive for COVID-19 on Dec. 9. The staff member was last in the building on Dec. 8.
Initial contact tracing efforts have been completed and anyone identified as potentially having been exposed will be notified.
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case on Day 12
- VDH reports 2,048 new COVID-19 cases while total deaths climb past 10,500 Tuesday
- Virginia to pause all Johnson & Johnson vaccinations until CDC, FDA investigation complete
- Bedford firefighters respond to Monday afternoon fires at Moneta house, Tootsie’s diner
- WATCH LIVE: FDA shares update after US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots