AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Officials with Amherst County Public Schools have confirmed two cases of COVID-19.
According to a release from the district, an individual at Madison Heights Elementary School has tested positive for the virus.
Also, an individual with Amherst County Public Schools’ Department of Transportation has also tested positive for COVID-19.
Neither case is related to the other and are said to be a result of community transmission.
Amherst County Public Schools says that the case at Madison Heights Elementary School will not affect classes and the school will remain open.
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF