UPDATE 6:05 p.m.: The West Piedmont Health Department has released information regarding ten new cases of coronavirus in their district.
In Henry County, there are seven newly-confirmed cases, two males and five females with ages ranging from one up to the 80s.
In Franklin County, there is one new case. A female in her 50s has tested positive.
And in Martinsville, there are two newly-confirmed cases, one male and one female – both of whom are in their 40s.
RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 1,615 new coronavirus cases and 28 new virus-related deaths as of Tuesday morning, bringing the Commonwealth’s total to 39,342 confirmed and probable cases and 1,236 confirmed and probable deaths.
Health officials confirmed 37,440 cases and 1,175 deaths are related to the virus as of Tuesday, May 26. However, 1,902 cases and 61 deaths are still reported as “probable.”
The department’s Tuesday morning update includes more than 1,000 cases from the following localities in southwest and central Virginia:
- Alleghany County: 16 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Amherst County: 26 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Appomattox County: 26 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Bedford County: 43 cases, 2 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Botetourt County: 32 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 4 deaths
- Buena Vista: 13 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Campbell County: 15 cases, 4 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Carroll County: 84 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Charlotte County: 23 cases and 4 hospitalizations
- Covington: 3 cases
- Craig County: 5 cases
- Danville: 48 cases, 14 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Floyd County: 5 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Franklin County: 34 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Galax: 104 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Giles County: 5 cases
- Grayson County: 31 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Halifax County: 30 cases and 3 hospitalizations
- Henry County: 84 cases, 7 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths
- Highland County: 3 cases
- Lexington: 6 cases
- Lynchburg: 79 cases, 6 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Martinsville: 27 cases, 5 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Montgomery County: 69 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Nelson County: 15 cases
- Patrick County: 14 cases
- Pittsylvania County: 35 cases, 11 hospitalizations, and 1 death
- Pulaski County: 12 cases and 2 hospitalizations
- Radford: 7 cases and 1 hospitalization
- Roanoke City: 146 cases, 9 hospitalizations, and 9 deaths
- Roanoke County: 96 cases, 8 hospitalizations, and 7 deaths
- Rockbridge County: 17 cases
- Salem: 32 cases, 3 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths
- Wythe County: 21 cases, 1 hospitalization, and 1 death
Since Monday, May 25, VDH reported nine new cases in Galax, seven in Carroll County, seven in Henry County, six in Roanoke City, four in Charlotte County, three in Alleghany County, three in Martinsville, three in Wythe County, two in Bedford County, two in Campbell County, two in Lynchburg, two in Roanoke County, and single new cases in several other localities.
VDH says the department has received 4,325 records of confirmed and probable virus-related hospitalizations across Virginia as of Tuesday.