CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — An elementary school in Campbell County is halting in-person classes on Monday following the discovery of a positive coronavirus case at the school.
According to a statement released by Campbell County Public Schools on Sunday, Sept. 27, the school district learned of the positive case from Tomahawk Elementary School on Saturday, Sept. 26. Officials say the person in question has been asked to isolate.
The school district says Tomahawk Elementary School will be closed for in-person learning on Monday, Sept. 28, in order to finish contact tracing and make notifications. During this temporary closure, students and staff members will reportedly complete their instructional activities virtually.
However, officials say Tomahawk Elementary will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 29, for unaffected individuals.
- Hokies All Access : Pittsburgh recap, football bye week, turkey pardon, tailgating, Kenny Brooks profile, men’s basketball preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball head coach Kenny Brooks rewarded with contract extension
- 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament Moved to Greensboro
- Northside’s Mackenzie Walker signs with Radford
- North Cross School’s Asia Minnes Signs with University of Tennessee for Swimming