(WRIC) — A third Virginia inmate has died of COVID-19. The inmate had been housed at the Sussex II State Prison.
The news came after an inmate at Deerfield Correctional in Southhampton County and the Virginia Correctional Center for Women in Goochland died as a result of the coronavirus.
As of Thursday evening, 496 offenders have tested positive for the coronavirus. Sixty-seven staff members have also been diagnosed with the disease.
- Dancing for a cause: instructor relates with 5-year-old diagnosed with cancer
- 2 horses die after being struck by vehicles in Suffolk
- Officials shut down ‘imminent hazard’ North Carolina church citing COVID-19 outbreak
- ‘C’mon, man:’ Watch SNL parody final debate’s most memorable moments
- American support for same-sex marriage is higher than ever, study finds