RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – One state senator is looking for Governor Ralph Northam to make places like food banks, pantries and distribution centers to be exempt from the 25 person gathering cap due to COVID-19.
Senator Bill Desteph from the Virginia Beach area, says with the holiday here, more people are doing volunteer work or may need help that leads to larger gatherings.
In a letter, Desteph states that the way the order currently stands, people waiting in line for food could face fines or possibly even arrest.
- UPDATE: Man dies after Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- 11-year-old remembers his mother, Samantha Robinson, who was fatally shot in Lynchburg
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Radford residents react to Sunday morning shootings