DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Danville Sheriff Mike Mondul has released a statement regarding the outbreak of coronavirus that has been progressing through the city jail.
“After consulting with Health Department officials, the remainder of the inmates at the Danville City Jail will be tested for COVID 19 tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. The results of those tests will be released as soon as practical after they are known.”Mike Mondul, Danville Sheriff
Over the course of recent days, a total of 49 inmates at the jail have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Police: 12-year-old child suffers injuries following overnight shooting in Norfolk
- 33-year-old man dead after vehicle strikes tree during overnight crash in Norfolk
- Want to play Pac-Man in the real world? You need a Caterpillar vehicle for this wild Illinois maze
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?