ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — On Monday, Senator Mark Warner announced on Twitter that he and his wife, Lisa, will be donating $10,000 to seven different food banks across Virginia, totaling in $70,000.
Feeding Southwest Virginia is one of the food banks that will receive a $10,000 donation.
Amidst the current health crisis and severe weather, Warner writes, “In this difficult time, it’s so important that we help our neighbors.”
- Prescribed burn planned for Patterson Mountain in Botetourt County on Tuesday
- Virginia Commonwealth University plans to fully reopen for fall semester
- More non-white Americans visit ER with COVID-19, CDC study finds
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- Bland County Elementary dismisses early following heat register malfunction