ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Valley View Mall in Roanoke today announced plans to re-open Friday morning with new operating hours.
The mall will open Friday at 11 a.m. and operate until 7 p.m. Valley View will operate 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. On Sunday, it will be open from 12 to 6 p.m.
“The health and well-being of our customers, employees, retail partners, and the communities we serve is always a top priority,” the mall said in a statement. “As such, we have implemented a number of protective measures to keep our employees, retail partners, and community healthy.”
Among the measures is a request that all retailers provide employees with masks and that employees wear masks while interacting with others, when in the mall common area, or in public spaces. Hand sanitizer will also be placed throughout the mall.
Valley View Mall has been closed since March 25 due to restrictions on retailers operating during the coronavirus pandemic. Gov. Ralph Northam (D-Va.) said Virginia could enter phase one of the statewide re-opening on Friday.
- Food City to open in Wytheville
- Two Roanoke City schools to close for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Pittsylvania County to accept trash from Martinsville, Henry County to generate added revenue
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue