ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Between Monday and Wednesday, Roanoke County Public Schools has reported 14 coronavirus cases involving both students and staff members from nine schools in the district.
The Roanoke County Public Schools COVID-19 dashboard reported five student coronavirus cases and two staff cases from the school district on Monday, Oct. 19; two student cases and one staff case on Tuesday, Oct. 20; and three student cases and one staff case on Wednesday, Oct. 21.
Of those 14 cases reported since Monday, the dashboard says the cases are broken down between the following nine schools:
- Two staff members at Burlington Elementary School
- One student at Cave Spring High School
- One student at Clearbrook Elementary School
- One student at Glenvar High School
- One staff member at Herman L. Horn Elementary School
- Two students and one staff member at Hidden Valley Middle School
- One student at Northside Middle School
- Two students at William Byrd Middle School
- Two students at William Byrd High School
According to Chuck Lionberger with Roanoke County Public Schools, a family has been notified following one incident of exposure from a student at Northside Middle School.
However, Lionberger says there is no other evidence of exposure with that case from Northside or any other cases reported this week.
In addition to performing daily disinfecting and weekly deep cleaning procedures, school officials are reportedly continuing to stress social distancing, face coverings, and adhering to other health guidelines both at school and anywhere outside the home.