(WFXR) — In a show of support for both small businesses and first responders, Queen of Virginia Skill & Entertainment is set to sponsor “The Queen Gives: Lunch for Lifesavers,” which will provide box meals for first responders at 14 fire stations in Roanoke, Roanoke County, and Salem on Friday.
Four restaurants — specifically Bob’s, Brews, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Don Ho’s — that host Queen of Virginia’s skill games but have been negatively impacted by the pandemic are being paid to prepare box lunches and deliver them to fire stations on Friday, Sept. 11, in honor of 9/11, according to a statement from Queen of Virginia Skill and Entertainment.
In addition, at the gathering at Station 5 on Orange Avenue at 11:30 a.m., Queen of Virginia will reportedly announce how much money its games have generated through August to support Virginia’s COVID-19 Relief Fund, some of which is now being used to pay legal aid attorneys to represent residents who were evicted from their homes amid the pandemic.
- Seeking an upset vs. Clemson, Hokies look to erase past disappointment
- Local hospitals preparing for increase in COVID-19 patients as holiday season continues
- State lawmakers named to Redistricting Commission including one delegate from Southside
- Dish Network removes Nexstar local TV stations in 115 markets
- Pearisburg’s long-standing Christmas traditions endure through pandemic