PULASKI COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A student at Pulaski County High School has reportedly contracted COVID-19.
In a social media post on Monday, Oct, 5, Pulaski County Public Schools says the last day the student was in attendance at the school was Friday, Oct. 2.
Pulaski County High School is said to have been thoroughly cleaned in areas where the student was known to have been present.
After consulting with the New River Health District, the school will remain open as scheduled throughout the week.
Parents of students at Pulaski County High School will have the option for their child to participate in a virtual day on Tuesday, Oct. 6, and return to in-person learning on Thursday, Oct. 8. If you want your child to participate, you should contact the school to make arrangements for attendance to be counted by calling (540) 643-0747.
- Co-Owners of FarmBurguesa talk about their experiences in Southwest Virginia during Hispanic Heritage Month
- Virginia Supreme Court extends Declaration of Judicial Emergency through Nov. 22 amid pandemic
- How to affectively communicate through masks with Virginia Tech professor
- WATCH LIVE @ 11 a.m.: Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts hold virtual coronavirus briefing
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast