POCAHONTAS COUNTY, W.Va. (WFXR) — Health officials in Pocahontas County alerted the community Thursday of a probable COVID-19 case involving an individual from a local high school.
According to the Pocahontas County Health Department’s announcement on Thursday, Oct. 1, local officials have been notified of a probable coronavirus case at Pocahontas County High School.
Both health department staff and the school nurse are reportedly working to identify any family members, friends, students, etc. who may have come in close contact with the person in question. However, officials say they believe there is no risk of an outbreak.
In order to prevent or limit the spread of the virus, residents are encouraged to reduce their exposure opportunities, practice social distancing, wash their hands frequently, and abide by the mandatory mask policy for public indoor places if social distancing is not possible.
- Roanoke River nominated for favorite urban kayaking spot in USA TODAY contest
- Wythe County School Board decides to decrease number of in-person learning days
- First US case of Brazilian COVID-19 variant found in Minnesota
- ‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state