POCAHONTAS COUNTY, W.Va. (WFXR) — Health officials in Pocahontas County alerted the community Thursday of a probable COVID-19 case involving an individual from a local high school.
According to the Pocahontas County Health Department’s announcement on Thursday, Oct. 1, local officials have been notified of a probable coronavirus case at Pocahontas County High School.
Both health department staff and the school nurse are reportedly working to identify any family members, friends, students, etc. who may have come in close contact with the person in question. However, officials say they believe there is no risk of an outbreak.
In order to prevent or limit the spread of the virus, residents are encouraged to reduce their exposure opportunities, practice social distancing, wash their hands frequently, and abide by the mandatory mask policy for public indoor places if social distancing is not possible.
- Campbell County Public Schools experiencing internet outage
- WATCH LIVE @ 11 a.m.: Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts provide update on local COVID-19 status
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs
- Health officials report 1,134 new COVID-19 cases while Virginia’s total deaths reach 3,600 as of Tuesday
- One week away: Take our ‘how well do you know the candidates?’ quiz