PEARISBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Town officials in Pearisburg announced Wednesday afternoon the cancellation of this year’s Scarecrow Festival due to concerns about the coronavirus pandemic.
However, while the Merchant’s reportedly decided to cancel the 2020 Scarecrow Festival, the Town of Pearisburg promises to proceed with the Scarecrow Building Contest.
“We love the festive decor around Town and encourage all local businesses to participate,” town officials wrote on Facebook on Wednesday, Aug. 19. “Lets make this the BEST Scarecrow Contest Yet…..get creative and show off your creations.”
Officials have yet to make a decision with regard to the Trick or Treat Trail at this time, but they say they will provide updates on the Town of Pearisburg page.
- Seminole and Dogwood Districts will have fanless games for winter sports
- COVID-19 directly affecting emergency response times in Carroll County
- Grayson County announces new policies as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Danville Public Schools announce positive COVID-19 case at Park Avenue Elementary
- Carroll County Superintendent announces change to all-virtual instruction beginning Dec. 9