DUBLIN, Va. (WFXR) – After announcing the cancellation of in-person commencement back in March due to the coronavirus pandemic, New River Community College (NRCC) has announced plans to hold an in-person commencement for graduating seniors in December.
A specific date and time have not yet been announced, but it will honor those who have completed degrees for fall 2019 as well as the spring, summer and fall 2020 semesters.
“While we will not be able to honor the Class of 2020 with a formal ceremony at this time, we know how important it is to the graduates and their family and friends to be able to celebrate these accomplishments together as one NRCC family. Our sincere hope is that by scheduling a December event, we will be able to honor the hard work and dedication of our students.”Pat Huber, New River Community College President
NRCC students who have completed their programs of study in May or August of this year will receive their diplomas by mail this summer.
All students who get their diplomas by mail will be eligible to participate in the December commencement, according to the college.
- Harvick with a different approach heading into final NASCAR races
- What to expect from Zeta as the cyclone moves through Virginia Thursday
- From JMU to QB1, Ben DiNucci ready to step up for Dallas Cowboys
- Your ballot was rejected. Virginia law offers voters a chance to make it count
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system