MARION, Va. (WFXR) – Booster doses of the Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines are being offered in the Mount Rogers Health District.
These booster shots are available to eligible individuals at least six months from the date of the second Moderna or Pfizer shot or at least two months from the Johnson & Johnson shot.
Those eligible for the booster doses include:
- Certain individuals who completed the primary Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least six months ago who are:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
- All individuals aged 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson primary vaccine dose at least two months ago.
The Mount Rogers Health District is coordinating efforts to make the COVID-19 vaccines available to the 5-11-year-old population as soon as authorization is finalized so booster appointments are limited to Fridays at this time in local health department offices.
To schedule your appointment or for more information, click here.
The Mount Rogers Health District serves the counties of Bland, Carroll, Grayson, Smyth, Washington, and Wythe, as well as the cities of Bristol and Galax.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list