CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- William Byrd names new boys and girls head basketball coaches
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 2C Final/Glenvar at Appomattox County
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 5D Final/Mountain View at William Fleming
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 4D Final/George Washington at Salem
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 1C Final/Narrows at Galax