CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of Florida COVID vaccines
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- Belk will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy but plans to stay open