NEW YORK (WTVO) — Macy’s has announced it is temporarily closing all stores by the end of business today, March 17th, through March 31st, in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Macy’s also owns Bloomingdale’s, Bluemercury, Macy’s Backstage, Bloomingdales the Outlet and Market by Macy’s stores.
According to Business Wire, chairman and CEO Jeff Gennette said, “The health and safety of our customers, colleagues and communities is our utmost priority. As a result of the recent COVID-19 developments, we have decided to temporarily close our stores. We will work with government and health officials to assess when we will reopen our stores and safely bring our colleagues back to work. During this closure, we will continue to serve our customers through our e-commerce sites.”
- Thousands still without power around southwest, central Virginia following Zeta’s weather
- AG Herring shares training video on voter intimidation protections with Virginia’s law enforcement, election officials
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Virginia, North Carolina part of 3 state collaboration to advance offshore wind projects, economic development
- Making spooky treats for a socially-distanced Halloween party