ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Macy’s at Roanoke’s Valley View Mall is set to re-open at 11 a.m. Friday after closing in March due to restrictions in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
“We are ready to welcome our customers back to Macy’s Valley View,” said Marc Mastronardi, chief stores officer at Macy’s. “We’re introducing new precautions to keep your family and ours safe and are now offering curbside pick-up to make getting what you want quick and easy. Our teams have come together and supported each other and our communities throughout this challenging time, and we look forward to safely serving our customers whenever they are ready to shop.”
New safety measures include frequent and enhanced cleaning in heavily trafficked areas and on hard surfaces; implementing social distancing guidelines to maintain six feet between all customers and colleagues; installing sanitation stations in frequently visited locations throughout the store, as well as plexiglass at select registers. Macy’s is also asking colleagues to wear face masks to help prevent the spread of the virus and is guiding daily colleague wellness checks before reporting to work.
- Virginia High School League announces guidelines for return to sports in December
- Talking about the annual Drumstick DASH with DASH the Turkey
- Lynchburg teachers describe how in-person learning is going so far
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first