ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) –All Lewisgale Regional Health System facilities have adopted protocols in order to minimize the risk of a coronavirus outbreak, including limiting visitor restriction and reinforcing infection prevention guidelines from the CDC.
According to a statement from the hospital system, LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, LewisGale Hospital Pulaski, and LewisGale Medical Center have all adopted the new protocols.
Beginning this week, visitors and patients will be directed to enter the hospital as specific locations where they will be screened for the coronavirus. If a patient or visitor is found to have symptoms associated with the virus, they will be masked and isolated in order to prevent the spread of the illness, according to a hospital statement.
- What’s your preferred way to cook a turkey? Most in Virginia say…
- Virginia barely passes: Cellphone data shows Virginians struggle to maintain social distancing
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Roanoke Police spread well-wishes to families in need by delivering turkeys
- Frontline workers call for improved COVID-19 precautions ahead of holiday shopping rush