RICHMOND, Va (WRIC/WFXR) — According to a spokesperson for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), federal stimulus checks for those on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) will “generally” receive checks mid-May.
Federal stimulus checks have been sent to millions of Americans since April after Congress passed and President Donald Trump signed the federal CARES Act
Wayne Bryant of South Richmond, an SSI recipient, says he’s anxiously awaiting his $1,200 check.
“I know you can get behind, but it’s always good to pay your bills no matter what. So, I can make due but it’s going to be tough,” Bryant said.
Connie Smith, also an SSI recipient of South Richmond, said she’s able to make ends meet and plans to use her check to pay-it-forward.
“They might not be turning off lights now, but the bills are still accumulating,” Smith told 8News.
In addition to the $1,200 payment for qualifying Americans, there is also a $500 dollar payment for each child who is a dependent.
The IRS says veterans and those on SSI have until Tuesday, May 5 to claim children who are dependents in order to get $500 per dependent.
- Region 2C Volleyball Quarterfinals : Radford at Glenvar
- Hidden Valley prepares to play Abingdon for the Region 3D Volleyball Finals
- VHSL High School Volleyball Regional Finals
- Charlotte Motor Speedway Hosts Defending Coca-Cola 600 Winner Brad Keselowski For Special Visit to Arlington National Cemetery
- Prosecutors: No charges for officer in Capitol riot shooting