AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Amherst County Public Schools announced Friday that an individual has tested positive for COVID-19 at Central Elementary School.
The press release from Amherst County Public Schools (ACPS) does not indicate if this individual is a staff member or a student.
Central Elementary School will remain open at this time.
ACPS protocol states that anyone identified as having been potentially exposed will be contacted by the Central Virginia Health Department and/or Amherst County Public Schools. Those who have been contacted are asked to stay home and monitor for symptoms of cough, shortness of breath, or a temperature higher than 100.4°F, and practice social distancing for 14 days from your last contact.
- 33 missing children recovered around Virginia through statewide law enforcement effort, “Operation Find Our Children”
- Exploring the history and significance of Confederate Statues on Stronger Together
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- New River Valley Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast