HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Henry County Public Schools is participating in a new food assistance plan, the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program, approved by the USDA, and the Food Nutrition Service (FNS).
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) has authorized a temporary food assistance program for households with children affected by the closure of schools during the pandemic.
The P-EBT program is meant to supplement existing food assistance and nutrition programs for low-income households as the pandemic continues.
The program does not replace meals that are provided through the school programs still operating or summer meal programs that will begin when the official school year concludes.
Students and families who receive P-EBT are still asked to participate in other food assistance programs.
For more information about the program, click here.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 8
- Harvick with a different approach heading into final NASCAR races
- What to expect from Zeta as the cyclone moves through Virginia Thursday
- From JMU to QB1, Ben DiNucci ready to step up for Dallas Cowboys
- Your ballot was rejected. Virginia law offers voters a chance to make it count