CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., (WFXR) – The 2020 Hemmings Motor News Great Race, presented by Hagerty Drivers Club has been rescheduled for Aug. 22-30, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Great Race was originally slated to take place June 20-28.
The Great Race will run from San Antonio, Texas to Greenville, South Carolina.
“I’m pleased to announce that all of our Grand Champions, as well as a majority of the race teams and staff, have agreed to the new schedule and we look forward to having a full field for the start of the 2020 Great Race in front of the Alamo on Aug. 22.”Jeff Stumb, Event Director
CDC, state and local guidelines will be followed at The Great Race and officials have been working closely with mayors and city officials along the route to take steps to ensure the safety of participants and spectators along the route.
For more information, visit www.greatrace.com.
- Man previously arrested in connection with Virginia store clerk’s disappearance now facing murder charge
- Rockbridge County High School to hold virtual learning day on Friday
- U.S. DOT unveils new plan to reduce road deaths
- Pulitzer Prize-winning book about Holocaust banned in Tennessee school district
- Campbell County authorities ask for public’s help in locating stolen car