FAIRFAX, Va. (WFXR) – A gun show promoter has filed a lawsuit in Fairfax County seeking exemption from Governor Northam’s gathering restriction of 25 people.
The gun show was planned for this weekend and may see up to 25,000 people.
Attorney General Mark Herring is arguing that the event may have serious implications regarding the potential for rapid spread of COVID-19.
The hearing is set for Thursday morning.
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell to testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season
- Vinton offers variety of holiday activities despite cancellation of Thursday’s Christmas parade
- Olympic rings back up in Tokyo Bay, serving as sign of hope amid pandemic
- VDH Tuesday update: 2,228 new coronavirus cases, 31 new deaths reported around Virginia