BUENA VISTA, Va. (WFXR) — Health officials are hosting a free coronavirus testing event for the Buena Vista and Rockbridge County communities on Thursday morning, but there are a few requirements for those who wish to attend.
The Central Shenandoah Health District says this event will take place from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5, at the Rockbridge Regional Communication Center at 100 Baner Lane in Buena Vista.
Appointments are not necessary for this free testing event, which will use viral tests to determine if attendees are infected with COVID-19 at the time the test sample is taken, health officials say.
However, according to the health district, only those who have coronavirus symptoms and/or are close contacts of a known coronavirus case will be tested at this event.
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- VDH Thursday update: 2,600 new COVID-19 cases, 21 new deaths reported around Virginia
- Virginia State Police urges drivers to slow down this Thanksgiving
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving