ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) — A 95-year-old Rocky Mount man received an unforgettable birthday gift this year thanks to Franklin County first responders.
According to authorities, Buford Harrison — a former fire chief and magistrate judge — is a longtime pillar of the of the Rocky Mount and Franklin County communities.
The Rocky Mount Fire Department, the Rocky Mount Police Department, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, and a number of antique cars joined in the birthday parade outside Harrison’s Rocky Mount home.
“Former Chief Buford Harrison is celebrating his 95th birthday and due to Covid19 he will not be able to have a party,” Rocky Mount Fire Department posted on Facebook Monday, May 11. “So our first responder family gave him a much deserved gift!”
“It was a pleasure to be a part of this parade for such a great man,” Franklin County Sheriff Overton said in a Facebook post on Tuesday, May 12. “He deserves all of the recognition and we hope that this presence has reminded him how much of a positive impact he has had on this community.”
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- WATCH: Community organizations join together to promote safe sleep in Lynchburg
- Restaurant owners fear pandemic in winter could end their livelihoods
- Two weeks away: These are the key dates heading to Election Day