PATRICK COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – After a report earlier Tuesday from the Virginia Department of Health saying that reports of the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Patrick County was determined to be false, officials now say that Patrick County does indeed have its first confirmed case.
The person, identified as a male in his 40’s, does have a history of domestic travel, he is isolated at home, and all close contacts have been identified and are being quarantined.
The previously-reported case earlier Tuesday was listed as a data entry mistake and bears no relation to this newly-reported case.
- “A life that I always wanted, but couldn’t have”: Residents rally behind Roanoke man in time for the holidays
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 7
- Lynchburg Police investigate shooting on Old Forest Road
- College students in the New River Valley discuss COVID-19 impacts on travel plans
- Hokies All Access – Boston College recap, Wake Forest preview, Hokies get out to vote push, Virginia Tech athletics #Love Initiative