SALEM, Va. (WFXR) – Feeding Southwest Virginia announced a grant totaling $25,000 from Carter Bank & Trust to purchase a truck load of food distributed to families in need across the area.
We are so grateful to Carter Bank & Trust for their commitment to the same communities we serve in Southwest Virginia. The funds come at an integral time as we see the need increase during this pandemic and will allow us to feed more families which is what we do best.”Pamela Irvine, President & CEO, Feeding Southwest Viginia
Carter Bank & Trust’s Litz Van Dyke commented how important it is to serve the community during the health crisis.
At Carter Bank & Trust, we take great pride in caring for the customers and communities we serve. All of our communities have been severely impacted as a result of the COVID-19 virus, and this donation to Feeding Southwest Virginia is just us doing what we do best – caring. We believe that it will be received in the spirit in which it was given.”Litz H. Van Dyke, CEO, Carter Bank & Trust
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain slowly exits Sunday, eyes on western Caribbean as Zeta is born
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Early morning Roanoke shooting leaves man injured
- Roanoke police make arrest in crash that left officers injured
- Wake Forest beats No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16