DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – On Friday, officials with Danville Public Schools were made aware of a positive case of COVID-19 at an area high school.
The case involves an individual at Galileo Magnet High School.
This case has no connection with the previous case announced at the school earlier this week.
The individual who tested positive was last in the building on Friday, Nov. 20.
Danville Public Schools has notified all parents and staff as well as the Virginia Department of Health.
Galileo Magnet High School will remain open under its normal schedule on Monday, Nov. 23.
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19
- Pinpoint Weather: Quiet Sunday before messy, colder weather moves in for the upcoming week