STAUNTON, Va. (WFXR) – Members of the Central Shenandoah Health District announced on Tuesday that it will discontinue the Regional COVID-19 hotline, at 1-855-949-8378 beginning on Monday, Aug. 31.
“Going forward, the public health professionals currently staffing the hotline will shift to case investigation and contact tracing efforts to reduce and prevent COVID-19 transmission in our communities,” said Dr. Laura Kornegay. “This is particularly important as students return to school, in local K-12 school divisions, institutions of higher education and all our public and private schools at every level.”Dr. Laura Kornegay, Director of the Central Shenandoah Health District
The Virginia Department of Health continues to operate its statewide hotline which serves Virginians Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. That number is 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (1-877-275-8343).
The Central Shenandoah Health District’s hotline has been operational for their district since March.
The Central Shenandoah Health Districts covers the counties of Augusta, Bath, Highland, Rockbridge and Rockingham as well as the cities and towns of Buena Vista, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Staunton and Waynesboro.
- Earlier start to hurricane season? NOAA debates starting future Atlantic seasons in May
- Oil company mistakenly delivers 100+ gallons to wrong address, flooding the basement
- Man sentenced to 30 months behind bars for stealing and cashing checks from mailboxes in Richmond
- Man dead following triple shooting on Timothy Avenue in Norfolk
- New restaurant to open this spring at Bernard’s Landing