LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Centra has provided its weekly COVID-19 update at its facilities.
As of Wednesday, Jan. 19, a total of 160 patients are currently hospitalized in its facilities.
Of those, 72 are vaccinated, 18 are in ICU (15 of those are unvaccinated) and nine are on ventilators.
Breaking down the total COVID count:
- 138 are hospitalized at Lynchburg General Hospital
- 17 are at Southside Community Hospital
- 5 are at Bedford Memorial Hospital
Hospital officials say they are seeing a fluctuation between 150 and 170 patients in its facilities, on average while also consistently exceeding its prior all-time peak of 131 set back in January of 2021.
They also say that with these new highs of COVID are straining the hospitals’ system, early indications are that this may be representative of the peak of the current surge.
Centra says that the demand for COVID testing continues to increase which has resulted in more opportunities for testing that have been made available which includes:
- Every Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the month of January at Lynchburg Family Medical Residency Practice at 2323 Memorial Avenue, Suite 10 in Lynchburg. Testing is open for anyone age 16 and older who has symptoms or has had close contact exposure.
- Every Saturday in January from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bedford General Surgery at 1615 Oakwood Street, Suite D in Bedford. Testing is open to anyone age 16 and older who has symptoms or has had close contact exposure.
- Every Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the VDH Alleghany Avenue location in Lynchburg.