LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Centra has updated their visitation policy due to the evolving coronavirus pandemic.
Effective at 6 p.m. Friday, Centra will allow one visitor to accompany a patient. Allowed visitors:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Will only be allowed if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Will be screened each time they enter and will be asked a series of questions and have their temperature
- Must wear a mask while in any building
- Should limit going in and out of care areas and buildings
- Will be expected to practice social distancing
- Will remain in patient rooms as congregate waiting rooms will remain closed
The following areas will remain restricted:
- COVID units (unless end of life care)
- Oncology units and the Centra Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center; due to highly compromised immune systems
- Adult and Geriatric Psychiatric Units at VBH
- Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities (Guggenheimer, The Summit, Oakwood Health and Rehab and Fairmont Crossing)
Centra is working to provide devices for video and phone calls, as well as setting up a personalized note delivery service. You may visit CentraHealth.com/coronavirus for more information on these services.