LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — On Monday morning, Centra Health released an updated version of its visitation policies that will be implemented on Wednesday due to an increase in coronavirus cases.
Starting Wednesday, Oct. 28, Centra says the updated visitation policies listed below will go into effect:
- Centra will only allow one visitor to accompany a patient at a time.
- Patients may have no more than two specific visitors for the duration of their hospitalization. However, Centra will allow two visitors in circumstances where one of those visitors has special needs or mobility issues and requires a support person.
- Since Centra’s top priority is the safety of its patients and caregivers, Centra will continue to monitor this policy and make changes when the safety of patients and caregivers is necessary.
- Visitation hours will be from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. each day, with the exceptions of the ED and Women’s and Children areas.
For those who are allowed to visit, health officials says they must abide by the following guidelines:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must show some form of identification, such as a drivers license, debit card, social security card, etc.
- Will only be allowed if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms, which includes fever, cough, and shortness of breath
- Will be screened each time they enter, will be asked a series of questions, and will have their temperature checked
- Must wear a mask (cloth masks are acceptable) while in any building throughout the duration of their visit including while in the patient’s room
- Should limit going in and out of care areas and buildings, as well as refrain from visiting the cafeteria, gift shop, and common waiting areas unless directed
- Will be expected to practice social distancing
- Will remain in patient rooms as congregate waiting rooms will remain closed, except for the designated waiting areas for OR, Interventional Radiology and the Cath Lab
Furthermore, the following areas will remain restricted, according to Centra:
- COVID units (unless end of life care)
- Centra Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center due to highly compromised immune systems
- Adult and Geriatric Psychiatric Units at VBH
- Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities (Guggenheimer, The Summit, Oakwood Health and Rehab, and Fairmont Crossing)
In addition, health officials say Acute Rehab and Emergency Departments will have limited visitation.
- 55,000 lights: Roanoke County Chick-Fil-A brings Christmas cheer to customers
- A few last minute turkey tips for Thanksgiving cooks
- Police believe body found in Florida is missing Massachusetts teen
- Bird is the Word: Turkey Talk with Texas poultry farmer
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online