FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The visitation level has shifted at the Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital in Franklin County.
The hospital has been at red-level visitation since Aug. 31 and has changed its visitation level to yellow as of 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 7.
This level allows the following guidelines for visitors:
- A designated support person is allowed for patients with physical limitations or cognitive impairments
- Pediatric patients are allowed to have two designated visitors
- A visitor is allowed while the patient is being prepped during same-day surgery
- A case-by-case basis for patients who are high-risk immunocompromised
- Visitation allowed for end-of-life patients
The Franklin County location is the only Carilion facility with visitation restrictions. Health officials say that each facility determines visitation on a regular basis.