ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Carilion’s Wellness Center is making sure guests coming to exercise feel safe during the pandemic.
The center’s workout areas have been marked with tape to create what they call “workout pods.” Free weight areas give gym-goers 20 feet of space while functional training areas give 15 feet.
Carilion Wellness worked with the hospital’s infection prevention department to guarantee precautions are executed properly. Staff members say they are getting positive feedback.
“It has meant that our hard work has paid off, and they trust us to take care of them,” said the center’s Senior Director of Operations, Julie Moore. “It’s been really nice to see them come out here and work out. Like, we’ve had many people stop by and say ‘thank you so much for taking care of us. We feel safe when we come here.'”
Carilion Wellness is also conducting mandatory temperature checks for guests upon entry, as well as asking a series of questions to make sure guests aren’t exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus.
- Hundreds of bodies found buried along riverbanks of India
- Virginia lifts mask mandate to match CDC guidance, Northam rules out state vaccine passports
- UAW rejects labor agreement with Volvo involving Dublin plant
- Israel kills 42 in Gaza as Prime Minister Netanyahu warns war will go on
- Pinpoint Weather: Mild with off & on showers today