BUENA VISTA, Va. (WFXR) — As a precautionary measure following a coronavirus-related exposure, Buena Vista officials announced Monday morning that city offices will be open on a limited basis until further notice.
The City of Buena Vista says starting Monday, Oct. 5, a limited number of staff will remain in the offices, but they will continue to conduct business via phone, email, and U.S. mail. If you need to deliver payments or other correspondence, you are asked to place the items in an envelope with the intended department written on the outside before dropping them off at the drive-thru window or drop box located at the back of the building.
According to Buena Vista officials, the Elections office, Commissioner of the Revenue, the General District Court, the Circuit Court, and the sheriff’s office will stay open to the public at this time. However, residents are encouraged not to visit these offices if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms.
In addition, if you must visit any of the open offices to vote or to handle any other necessary business, officials say you are required to wear a mask and participate in a screening process and temperature check.
If staff members are not available when you call, you are asked to leave a message so they can call you back as soon as possible. The contact information provided by the City of Buena Vista for the various departments is listed below:
- Building Official: (540) 261-8635 or email@example.com
- Circuit Court: (540) 261-8627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Manager: (540) 261-8601 or email@example.com
- Commissioner of the Revenue: (540) 261-8611 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commonwealth’s Attorney: (540) 261-8700 or email@example.com
- Community and Economic Development: (540) 319-8004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Department: (540) 261-8602 or email@example.com
- General District Court: (540) 264-2163 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Department: (540) 261-6174 or email@example.com
- Public Works: (540) 261-1444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar: (540) 261-8605 or email@example.com
- Sheriff’s Office: (540) 261-8615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: (540) 261-8620 or email@example.com
“We will continue to monitor the situation on a continual basis and will provide additional information as appropriate,” the City of Buena Vista stated Monday. “We apologize for any inconvenience, but we sincerely thank you for your assistance in preventing the spread of the virus.”
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- TSA: More guns caught at Richmond International Airport than in previous year
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- Election 2020 FAQ: How are votes on amendments handled?
- Virginia Sheriff’s Association writes governor asking for amendment to military equipment bills